Wednesday 3 October 2012

Hang on to your old clothes!

I found an old dress from Monsoon yesterday. It's a wrap style, in a soft jersey fabric. It had been relegated to the back room in one of my earlier attempts to de-clutter my wardrobe. I had 'gone off' it for some reason at the time, but (luckily, as it transpired!) didn't see fit to get rid of it.

I often seem to have piles of clothes which fall into this indeterminate category. Neither 'goners' or 'keepers' - just in a vacuum waiting for their turn again.  (I think I must be a creature of extreme moods; what seems right one day week can seem total anathema the next!)

Anyway, I was looking for new ways to style my new cardigan, and also 'brighten up' and walked into the back room looking for something else, what exactly, I don't know, but I wasn't specifically looking for this dress. However, it fits the bill perfectly. The pink in the dress is a really good match for the cardigan, and the dress still looks good - although something seems to have happened to my bust line since I last wore it - a vest top underneath is now an absolute necessity!

It's a shame that Monsoon seems to have 'gone downhill' over the last - ooh - 3 (?) years. I rarely find anything I like there now. The quality is not what it used to be.

(The hem is level in real life... Awkward 'posing' stance to blame!)



2 comments:

  1. What a perfect match. Wish I could strike that lucky when I search in the back of the wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one of those goners/keepers boxes of clothes. It's very full due to my rubbish culling gene which I don't possess. You really suit dresses/tea dresses.

    I find shops like Monsoon have good years and bad years where you like a lot and then like nothing. However the outlets are always good places to pick up items on the cheap - my friends have had some excellent bargains. I bought a lovely party dress last year - probably one of the most flattering pieces I own. I almost feel quite grown up in it. Even has sequins on it ... and that's a biggie for me.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. I love hearing your thoughts, and will reply to as many as I can :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...