Wednesday 20 February 2013

Wish me luck, I'm going in

...into the decidedly non-minimal area that is my wardrobe, that is.

I have decided once and for all to separate the wheat from the chaff. A radical approach will be employed - i.e. emptying everything out and only replacing the items I actually want. Simple really! In theory. In practice I'll probably still be submerged come Easter.

When it comes the the freestanding chests of drawers it (my simple plan) got complicated:  remove the whole piece of furniture, then the contents, then replace contents and furniture, or keep the furniture and tip out the contents, thereby messing up the shrine that will (haha) be my wardrobe come tomorrow... or some halfway house / combination? Here my weary brain got frazzled and I fell asleep (late last night when I was planning this task, as you do...)

A quick picture of what I have been wearing today, naturally just about to change into skank outfit (aka leggings) for the big chuck out.

Boden midi skirt
Primark grey vest
Zara loose cardigan
White Company reversible snood
Primark faux suede wedge boots


9 comments:

  1. Ooooo but dont you love a good clear out. Ive been spring cleaning the last two days. Clearing out alot of stuff from the kitchen and the lounge and scrubbing etc. Will start on the upstairs tomorrow and that includes sorting out the wardrobe . I blame it on the weather myself...its been soooo glorious and with a hint of warm weather to come. Made me feel a whole lot happier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sian - you are dead right - I love scrubbing (!!) it is very therapeutic and does make you feel a whole lot better afterwards! xx

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a mammoth task, I wish you luck! I only clear out as I do the seasonal changeover and that is bad enough x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I was disciplined enough to do the seasonal thing! xx

      Delete
  3. Good luck. Let us know how long it takes you. I need to do the same ... have been threatening to do so since last summer, so you can imagine what a mammoth task lies ahead:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stage one completed yesterday (started late so will forgive myself the small progress). Top cupboards (the ones I need a ladder to reach) of wardrobe cleared out. Had not seen the light of days for a long time (see ladder issue!) Several old handbags found, some can be revived. :-) Stage 2 (later today) - chests of drawers, see how I'm cunningly avoiding the main area! x

      Delete
  4. I was watching a programme tonight about OCD really clean people going into people's houses who need help cleaning up and decluttering. Hubs took one look at the spare bedroom of one of the clutterers and said "that's like our spare bedroom Sue???" and I ignored him. It is a little strewn with clothes but none the worst for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like an interesting programme. (There is probably a bit of the old OCD about me!)

      Delete
  5. De-cluttering, planning and organsing a neat and tidy wardrobe is very rewarding on so many levels!

    And I bet you’ll have rediscovered a few hidden gems that you’d forgot you had now that you’ve cleared some of the ‘chaff’, right?

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. I love hearing your thoughts, and will reply to as many as I can :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...