Looking in the mirror reminded me of another post / outfit, almost a year ago, which makes me smile every time I look at it, as it was a good day. I felt happy and peaceful. I won't go into detail, people may be reading this who know me (scary thought!) and I'm not ready to bare my soul to the world.
But I was happy. Then I was sad. Then I got on with life.
And life has come full circle. Sometimes, I find I can only come to terms with emotional changes after the four seasons have passed. Then I can start again.
You can't help your feelings though, sigh. If only you could go: 'oh it's OK! I'll pretend I am happy and I then I can feel like I did before!' Pah. My brain has served me well, but sadly it has not yet learnt how to manufacture feelings. Ah well, a bit deep for a fashion blog.
I was still happy-ish today as I felt that this was my first 'autumn outfit day'. I love autumn. Although some find it a sad season, with the dying foliage and darker days approaching, I prefer to see it as a hibernation. A rest. Time out to let life mature, renew and enrich. A preparation for better things to come. Oh tripe. Let's move swiftly onto clothes....
- White Company navy biker style jacket
- Black Zara trousers with zip detail - summer sale this year
- Zara breton t shirt
- White Company star print scarf (Winter 2012) - similar here
- Modalu black grab bag (stupendous ebay bargain. It had a broken handle, the repair of which I'd factored into my top bid. Then the lovely man in Timpson's did it for nothing!!)
- Tan Topshop 'Mighty' ankle boots - at £45 and leather these are a great buy - mine still look as good as new from last year. Really comfortable too.