Thursday 27 March 2014

So in love with TOAST at the moment

And not just the edible kind :-)

They do such lovely timeless basics. I'd been away for a while, pursuing Zara et al. But when I walked into Toast in Bath yesterday it felt like coming home. Maybe the style is just 'more me'. Thinking about it, I do, unhindered, tend to look a bit losse and baggy - which is (or can be) the Toast look.

But I defy anyone not to like these beauties.

Green 'boyfriend' sweater - so so soft. Long, forgiving, cosy. But not sack like. What's not to love? Er, well the price. I am waiting for the sale.



Breton tunic dress. This is lovely. And not a bad price really, especially considering how well Toast stuff lasts.  Nice length - just above knee on me (5ft5).



Merino Waterfall coat. I didn't try this on, but it looked sublime on the mannequin. Another 'snap it up in the sale' item for sure.



Denim coat.  Just love it.



Boxy breton top. Surprisingly the boxiness looked good, and not too boxy, jut not clingy, which is sometimes an issue with stripy tops. Being of a larger bosom, I sometimes struggle with 'wavy' lines not straight stripes.  Not with this one.  Love the elbow patches with contrast direction stripes too!




Last but not least I love this tunic, which has a sweatshirt type consistency. Especially love the neckline. It's on my sale wish list.

 



I'm afraid I forgot to take changing room photos in Toast, but I did take some in River Island.

I saw this coat there. I liked it apart from the fact that the checks at the seams didn't match up, which looked very odd indeed. A shame as it was a nice coat, a very useful weight for the (hopefully soon to arrive) Spring - and only £40.

 
 
 
 
 
Nice coat.....(from the front)
 

Shame about the non-matching side seams - pet hate.
(You don't get that in Toast....)

By the way, I would urge people to get themselves to Gap. I also got a bit of a haul in there. They have up to 50% off.   I bought:

These dresses - one chambray, one navy - down to £29


  
 


This sweater - love the waffle knit  £17.48





The White Company also have a sale on (up to 50%) and I nearly bought this knitted peacoat, as they call it, now sold out online but a few instore, but decided it would not wash well (never have much success with knitted jackets)... I reserve the right to change my mind though!

 



22 comments:

  1. Love the Breton bits from Toast and agree I always find it on the pricey side. Off to have a butchers at Gap! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Tis pricey Sharron, but their sale is usually very bargainous xx

      Delete
  2. Love that breton tunic! Shame about the seams not matching on,the coat, it is lovely:)
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wondering whether to revisit the coat and see if I can find any with less non-matchy seams! x

      Delete
  3. Oh I love that Breton tunic surprise surprise! I have never purchased from toast will take a lot at it more closely xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love Toast stuff - really classic basics! xx

      Delete
  4. Beautiful bits and pieces, Toast sale is going to be a pricey one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it may work out that way with the amount I have on my wish list! Worth holding out for the 70% reductions, but I'll have to keep my eye on the ball as stuff sells really fast once reduced. xx

      Delete
  5. Does the Breton tunic stay down and not ride up like the Marks one? Looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so far so good! I had a try on indoors session the other evening and it stayed down (hurrah), I think it's because it flares (ever so) slightly rather than going straight down. xx

      Delete
  6. Some really fabulous pics here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) I'm like a kid in a sweet shop! xx

      Delete
  7. I love Toast clothes but not the prices. Every now and then I treat myself but usually wait for a sale and then there's nothing left in my size. I haven't been to a Toast store for a number of years though - I must remedy that soon if only to torture myself.

    Shame about the River Island coat - it's a good shape for you but the checks not aligning that much would drive me insane!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, some of the prices are way 'up there' for what they are (waterfall coat ahem) - but I thought the tunic was oddly reasonable - sometimes the pricing seems a bit inconsistet, but who am I to argue, especially when I want something?!

      Glad I am not the only one who goes into OCD overdrive with mismatched patterns!

      Delete
  8. Great post - I'm a fan of Toast but have only bought in the sale and then it was all too big and had to go back :( But I get their catalogue now and do enjoy a peruse of it. Hope you have a lovely weekend my friend! Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Avril! Toast is mega generous in the sizing. I bought a top in size 8 the other day... but generally size down from 12 to 10.
      Hope you had a lovely Mother's Day :-) xxx

      Delete
  9. I have to admit that I have not read your' blog before ( doh. ) Always late to the party! I love it and you sound like a woman after my own heart. I, too, have just done a fantastic haul in Gap ( how many bargains, especially some of the sweaters and a few pairs of jeans ) I only started blogging a month ago and I am finding new, lovely, people to follow everyday. H xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha - you haven't missed much!!!!

      But thank you for commenting and great to have another partner in 'crime'. Gap discounts have been fab lately :-) xx

      Delete
  10. Hi! Love the River Island coat but agree the checks should be in line! I haven't really looked at a Toast before but will check it out this eve and I love that waffle gap jumper, right up my street! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gap waffle jumper is a bit of a 'bobble' fest now... but think this is because I wear a cross body bag which has rubbed against the fibres. Hope you enjoyed perusing Toast! x

      Delete
  11. I want to BUY IT ALL! I agree prices are too high - shame! I think they do good sales though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am SO hanging on for the sale - the reductions are usually pretty generous! xx

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment. I love hearing your thoughts, and will reply to as many as I can :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...