Sunday 19 August 2012

A wee dress from Wick

I'm back in 'civilisation' and I'm not sure I like it :-/

After a blissful week of being on the north coast of Scotland about 50 miles from anything or anyone, and where a Spar and a Post Office felt like a metropolis,  it's a tad depressing to come home to car alarms and foul mouthed youths... You see, this is why it's ironic that one such as me should attempt a fashion blog. Really I could survive very happily far from anywhere in a tattered shirt and jeans - maybe one day I'll make it a reality, but in the meantime there is a living to be had and schooling to be done...and I grant you shops to be shopped. There have to be some compensations to living in a man made jungle. (And I don't even live in a particularly busy town. I could never be a city girl, that's for sure.)

Anyhow, apart from enjoying the majestic isolation and the beauty of the mountains and the sea, I did manage one small concession to my homebound hobby.  A journey through Wick revealed a surprisingly large Tesco, with a clothing department. The purpose of the visit to said Tesco was NOT to buy clothes, but somehow... as you do....I bought a cute coral pink bird print dress.
Tesco Florence and Fred Bird Print 'flutter hem' dress - £16

Completely unwearable for the holiday but sweet and I think I'll wear it into autumn layered over a T- shirt and with my cropped Brora cashmere cardigan. And in case anyone's wondering, Brora (the place) bears no relation to Brora the cashmere company - there is no trace of a factory shop or the like!

However, I like the idea of wearing the namesake cardigan with it's north-coast neighbour dress from Wick... it will cheer me up until my next visit to the far north!

And no doubt it's also available in Wigan, Warrington and Wolverhampton Tesco...  but to me it will always be my wee bird print dress from Wick :-)

8 comments:

  1. Great dress! I have a cardi from Tesco on my blog today! love finding a bargain whilst grocery shopping:)Have a lovely week!
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne - yes nothing like a Tesco fashion bargain! x

      Delete
  2. Hi there, just stumbled across your blog via another. Just wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed reading it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello - thanks so much for reading and commenting! I've been away recently, so there's been a bit of a hiatus - but hopefully I will get back to regular posts asap!

      Delete
  3. Do you know - I think I would have felt very diddled if I'd gone to Brora and there was no cashmere shop for my shopping pleasure!

    And I've just had a week away and without internet and do you know what - it's been strangely freeing. But I'm home now and trying to catch up with everyone - you just feel like you've missed out on something for some reason?

    But nice to have you back. I love sneaking things in to the Tesco shop too :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In some ways I loved being without the technology - as you say it is very freeing! But I am rather an all or nothing person - having has 'nothing' I'm finding it hard to readjust back! Hence lack of blogging lately... must try harder!

      Delete
  4. Glad you enjoyed your holiday...I'm still catching up on blogs after our trip away 10 days ago...but it's good to get the techie break. Love the new dress - look forward to seeing you style it, Avril x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Techie break was good - in fact I've been over extending it rather and finding it hard to pick up the regular blog posts - oops! It may sound mad but I am now inpatient for autumn weather - I have loads of autumn outfits in my head but can't quite bring myself to put them together while it's still August!! X

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment. I love hearing your thoughts, and will reply to as many as I can :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...