It's been holiday season and coupled with that, plus child & parent-sitting and sales shopping and general madness - I am afraid the blog has slipped a bit. That's not to say I don't have items to report - I do, I do!
Where to start? Well today's haul would be a logical place.
I have developed a bit of a crush on the Body Shop - of all places. Now this had become one of those shops I'd fallen out of love with a long time ago for being a bit gimmicky and uninteresting. However, a cursory visit the other day led me to all sorts of exciting (relatively speaking, I lead a dull life!) purchases.
I bought the fab Mango Body Butter, Chocolate Body Butter and Coconut Body Butter (the latter having a slight shimmer / sparkle when applied). They all smell divine. The lovely assistant also persuaded me to sign up to their loyalty programme, the card costs £5 per year - but you instantly redeem that with a £5 gift of your choice. I chose the wild rose hand cream (£10) and paid the difference.
I also loved the Strawberry Puree Body Lotion and Vitamin E Body lotion. (And I was pleased to see they still do Banana hair conditioner - a favourite of mine from the late 80s! Although I didn't succomb and get that one, there are some instances when bygones need to be bygones.)
Now to clothes.
The Zara sale has yielded:
- 'Mirror floral' print top - black short sleeved (above)
- Loose knit khaki/beige poncho sweater
- Basic beige silk / cotton v neck sweater
- Black cargo style skinny trousers
- Fab Fab Fab blue leopoard print scarf which was not marked down on the label and for which I would happily have paid full price (£19) - found at the till it was down to £7.99 - don't you just LOVE it when that happens? :-)
- Navy/ dark blue panelled long silky feel blouse / tunic - pleat front, long bell shaped sleeves, collarless style - just lovely
Also have recently acquired:
- A blush / beige / pinky toned mottled print scarf in Monsoon - down to £11.
- A nude colour loose rectangular style top from The White Company outlet shop
- Modalu leather bag from Ebay
- Ralph Lauren black and white striped jersey top from TK Maxx
- Blush pink Calvin Klein jeans shorts - also from TK Maxx
So - as you can see I've not been idle (apart from on the photo front!) and am busy outfit planning and working out how my new purchases will integrate with existing ones. Hopefully the blog will be up and running in earnest again with pictures very soon.
PS I realised the blog turned one yesterday. It's been such fun and I especially love 'meeting' and comparing notes with other bloggers - what a fabulous, friendly and stylish bunch you are.
The ups and downs of life in the past year have meant I rate it under 'could do better' - but here's hoping that is fulfilled in year 2!